Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Steadfast Love

"I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord forever;
        with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations"

This is what I saw when I opened my Bible last night to spend time with God.

I was struggling.

I couldn't get it out of my head.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's day and you don't have a date.....AGAIN!"

I was feeling worse and worse. The thoughts were closing in on me and I couldn't shake them off no matter how often I tried to give them to God.

But then I opened my Bible.

I didn't try to open it to any place special. Just to the place where I was scheduled to read

 As I read.....

God bowled me over with promises of love and faithfulness

              "...steadfast love and faithfulness go before you"

                              "My faithfulness and my steadfast love shall be with him...."

                                             "My steadfast love I will keep for him forever....."
                                                     
                                                         " ...I will not remove from him my steadfast love
                                                                  or be false to my faithfulness"
                                                                 
                                                                         "Lord, where is your steadfast love of old,
                                                                               which by your faithfulness you swore"
                                                                                            
As I read, these phrases stuck out to me..I didn't really pay much attention to the rest of the Psalm...part of me wishes that I had, but another part wonders if I just needed to hear these specific words. I just needed to be reminded that God loves me....and it's more than just love...it's steadfast love.....love that will never go away or crumble. He doesn't just love me....He is faithful....He will always be faithful to me even when I reject Him for other things.

As I finished that chapter my heavy heart felt lightened. I was reasured that God's love satisfies, that He will always love me."

I didn't dread Valentine's day anymore.

I was ready to hit the day head on....caus' I had a love better than any other human love on earth.

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please be considerate of the other readers. Thank you! God bless!