Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Have to Tell You Something!!!!


I found my library card!

Yeah I know what you are thinking "she is posting about how she found her library card?..she needs to get a life!!"

Yeah well maybe I do....but it was kinda an event for me this morning.

I had just finished my devotions and I decided that I wanted to put a hold on some books at the library....but for some reason my web browser hasn't saved my card number and I have to find my library card to even put a hold on something. Who memorizes their library card number anyway? (well my mom does...but she is the exception)

So I pull out my wallet and there is no library card.

Shucks.

Normally when I lose things (and I really don't have a deadline for it..like a library book due date) I just think "eh it will turn up sometime"...I really don't want to spend the time or energy or thought power to look for it.

One time I lost my glasses for a month and I thought..."eh..they will turn up sometime" and "I can wear my old ones"

It took my mom to actually decide to start looking for them before I actually found them...and they were in the most obvious place...ugh....

So this morning when I found that my library card was missing I decided to look for it....besides..it had to be here somewhere..and you never know..I use my computer a lot when I am sitting on my bed..and my sheets need to be changed anyway..it couldn't hurt.

Twenty minutes later I still couldn't find my library card. But my sheets were in the wash..and my room was slightly (very slightly) cleaner.

I felt like the woman Jesus told about in the Bible who lost her money and wouldn't stop searching for it until she found it. (Luke 15:8-10)

This parable came to mind as I dumped out my purse, pulled stuff out from under my bed and checked the pockets of my pants.

I knew a library card wasn't very important but I prayed anyway.."God please help me find it!"

And I found it! :D (it was in my purse....I found it on the second dumping)

Never did that bright yellow card look so good to me.

I was so relieved that had found it and I was so glad that I didn't have to look for it anymore.

God feels like that when a sinner repents.

"...there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.." Luke 15:7

"There is more joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents" Luke 15: 10

Compared to God we are as insignificant as the library card I was searching for.

But he loves us anyway.

"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love towards those who fear him;...for he knows our frame, he remembers that we are dust"
Psalm 103: 11,14

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I like that post Jess!
    Funny story...I actually memorized my library card number when I first started using it 2 years ago :P. All my family who is old enough to really use it has...so, point disproved ;). Hahaha, couldn't resist :P. Thanks for the reminder about our weakness though...I needed to hear that...especially for Biology. Thanks, my friend!

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please be considerate of the other readers. Thank you! God bless!