Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This is the day.......

I looked up the reference of the "verse of the day" that my boyfriend sent me. We try to memorize the verse of the day on the Bible app on his phone. I have been rather lazy lately and I was really glad when I looked up the verse.

Psalm 118: 24
"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

"I can quote that no problem tonight." I thought. "Don't need to work at all on it".

But then I realized that I was missing the point. Even though I may think I know a verse of the Bible should I throw it aside and not think about it?

Should I leave it to the file of my brain of "already memorized" and never open the file again to breathe the truth in?

Just because it rolls off the tip of my tongue like it was at the top of my brain do I really rejoice in ever day?

And what does it mean to rejoice in the day that the Lord has made?

Don't I have bad days?

Days that I just wish that I could go back to bed?

But this is the day that God...the Lord...Emmanuel, "God with us",  has made. He commands us to rejoice. It doesn't say to "Rejoice if the day is good". But it commands us to rejoice. 

"Oh dear Lord, please help me to rejoice in every day....don't let me forget to rejoice."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please be considerate of the other readers. Thank you! God bless!